"Tea is hot and getting hotter. From iced to spiced, from austere black tea to sweetened and milky chai, from a flowery pick-me-up to a healing herbal, no other beverage has such a place in the heart of every civilization. No wonder it is the most popular beverage in the world, next to water."
- Sara Perry, The New Tea Book

Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Favorite Tea Quotations! Blog #2 June 7, 2009

My Favorite Tea Quotations:
"I don't drink coffee; I take tea, my dear."
-Sting
"I hope next time when we meet, we won't be fighting each other.
Instead we will be drinking tea together."
- Jackie Chan, Rumble in the Bronx

"On herbs.

There is nothing to resist.

With nothing to resist them.

Harmony and balance do not hide.

Entering harmony and balance,

I wash my teacup."

-The Minister of Leaves, Republic of Tea




"As long as it is hot, wet and goes down the right way, it's fine with me."
- Sarah Ferguson, The Dutchess of York, On Tea



"If Man Has No Tea in Him, He is Incapable of Understanding Truth and Beauty..."
-Japanese Tea Proverb



"With each potent cup, I cannot help but see that tea indeed makes me well."



"it's always tea-time."
-from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland



"Come oh come ye tea-thirsty restless ones - the kettle boils, bubbles and sings musically."
- Rabindranath Tagore




"My My My, it's a beautiful world I like drinking Irish tea Oh with a little bit of lapsang souchong I like making my own tea."
-from the Song 'Beautiful World' by Colin Hay



"There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson



"Tea is wealth itself, because there is nothing that cannot be lost, no problem that will not disappear, no burden that will not float away, between the first sip and the last."
- The Minister of Leaves, Republic of Tea



"Tea- the cups that cheer but not inebriate."
- William Cowper



"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."
- Henry James



" ...for tea, though ridiculed by those who are naturally coarse in their nervous sensibilities, or are become so from wine-drinking, and are not susceptible of influence from so refined a stimulant, will always be the favored beverage of the intellectual..."
-Thomas De Quincy



"Tea had come as a deliverer to a land that called for deliverance; a land of beef and ale, of heavy eating and abundant drunkenness; of gray skies and harsh winds; of strong nerved, stout-purposed, slow-thinking men and women. Above all, a land of sheltered homes and warm firesides - firesides that were waiting - waiting, for the bubbling kettle and the fragrant breath of tea."
-Agnes Reppiler




"With each sip I taste, the fire that gives its heat. The water that gives its wetness. The leaf that gives its spell. The pot that gives its emptiness.”
- The Minister of Leaves, Republic of Tea




"It was as if we were at the heart of a maze. We were overwhelmed by the enormity of the tasks ahead. Mary had given us a bottle of milk and a spoonful of loose tea, and so, unable to decide what to do, we did what all Irish men and women do: we had tea. Suddenly the sun appeared and not for the first or last time we felt it uplifting us and changing everything. It seemed like a holiday." -Niall Williams and Christine Breen, O Come Ye Back to Ireland




"When all is complete deep in the teapot, when tea, mint, and sugar have completely diffused throughout the water, coloring and saturating it...then a glass will be filled and poured back into the mixture, blending it further. Then comes waiting. Motionless waiting. Finally, from high up, like some green cataract whose sight and sound mesmerize, the tea will once again cascade into a glass. Now it can be drunk, dreamily, forehead bowed, fingers held wide away from the scalding glass." -Simone Jacquemard, Le Mariage Berbere




"He boils milk with fresh ginger, a quarter of a vanilla bean, and tea that is so dark and fine-leaved that it looks like black dust. He strains it and puts cane sugar in both our cups. There's something euphorically invigorating and yet filling about it. It tastes the way I imagine the Far East must taste." -Peter Hoeg, Smilla's Sense of Snow




"My dear, if you could give me a cup of tea to clear my muddle of a head I should better understand your affairs."
-Charles Dickens



"I am in no way interested in immortality,but only in the taste of tea"
-Lu tung


But as much as I ♥ Tea,
I Always Remember:

"Even water drunk amongst true friends is sweet enough."
saying from Zimbabwe
As always, Please Don't Hesitate to Contact Me
with Any Questions or Comments You May Have
About Teas, Herbs, Holism, Healing or Life in General!

I can be reached via e-mail at: teasmeplease@gmail.com

Much Peace & Love to Us All,

Sincerely,

Jaime Frodyma
Green Entrepreneur & Tea Connoisseur

Healing the World One Teabag at a Time.

Yera Dé, LLC
Yera Dé Herbal Teas
For Those Whose Priority is Real Health.

Make Everyday a Yera Dé.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome site, I had not come across teasmeplease.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Carry on the superb work!