"Tea is hot and getting hotter. From iced to spiced, from austere black tea to sweetened and milky chai, from a flowery pick-me-up to a healing herbal, no other beverage has such a place in the heart of every civilization. No wonder it is the most popular beverage in the world, next to water."
- Sara Perry, The New Tea Book

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Location, Location, Location!

Today, Jason and I enjoyed a delightfully purposeful arranging, decorating and nesting in our brand new office! We carried our new HP eco-printer and the build-it-yourself shelving unit we bought at IKEA up the stairs and surveyed our new home. Before us lay a simple straightaway, yet it somehow glowed with refined sophistication. Enchanting Monets and enticing Van Goghs grace the shiny wood-paneled walls and the 8 identical doors, each with business card taped to the door, curiously entices you to explore the mysterious force of Zen Capitalism... what demand might they supply? We found at the end of the hallway, there's even a woman who practices Chinese medicine and acupuncture. We'd like to meet her and hear about her practice over a cup of tea soon.

Can I just shout a celebratory Woo hoo! for the sudden, increased availability of holistic and alternative medicines and things like Feng Shui, a most infinite concept of interconnection, magnetism and balance that invites the most invigorating challenge of consciously deciding what to do with our freedom!

I know you all know what I'm talkin about; how whenever you answer that call to engage and explore and just let life flow through you, it proves to be a most meditatively spontaneous and pleasurable moment, delivering creative genius that one could never plan for... One of those awesome times when you actually notice a moment bursting with pure potentiality!

For me, a sheet of paper and any sort of writing utensil or even a pair of scissors and some glue and I'm one happy girl! I won't lie- I find a pen-in-hand & a blank page or Word document in front of me to be one of the most teasing, tantalizing and rewarding experiences... Mmmm!! Then again, my friend Megan and I think I might have hypergraphia LOL cuz I never stop journaling, writing poetry, taking notes and jotting down brainstorms and to-do lists! So, you can imagine how excited I get anytime I approach an empty space where you are able literally able to, heck even encouraged to, envision and capture the you you want to become. And gesturing all the right intentions, placing all the right touches in all the right places, we somehow manage to harmonize all the aspects of ourselves with a few posters, chairs and office supplies (and at my request, aromatherapy candles, flowers and mugs!) Oh and all the free marketing materials we got through deals from Vistaprints! LOL

I mean, who doesn't love a blank canvas?! Without fail, it always offers a metaphorical new beginning and a chance to create something beautiful and explore anything your heart desires! Well, whatever you use as your canvas to paint your dreams, I hope it works for you! I know I'm hoping this whole tea allure pays off for Jason and I!

Anyway, long story short, lemme just say I like the place. It has my approval and Jason's too! It's much larger than I remembered, with a fully furnished desk, comfy corner chair and shelving unit. And the coolest part, we didn't plan for it at all! In fact, up until last week, we thought we'd be working out of our tiny 3-room house, which I assure you is not an easy feat! But for the perfect price, this ideal location and accompanying landlord came at the perfect time and has already motivated us beyond compare to get this business actually up and running ASAP!

Plus, as much as like being self-employed, actually doing the work at my house proved so much less efficient than I had hoped for and did interfere with my time management and ability to balance activity and rest; hence it's taken me 6 months to get to this point! Nevertheless, here we are, our foot in the door- our door, of our new office, of our own tea business! All music to my ears!!

And the more tea you buy and try, the more we'll be able to afford to put towards manufacturing and distribution and the more time we'll have to research, create & test new herbal formulas and specialized tea services for you!!

At the very least, we hope you enjoy checking out both our functional and festive sides, in a cozy, yet sophisticated healthy business nook full of beautiful knowledge, creativity, nature and love.. and of course steamy cups of some of our brand new, organic Yera Dé Herbal Teas!

So, to those who are near Southern MD, we're conveniently located in downtown Leonardtown just across from the Courthouse. Come check out our new Office soon and let it inspire you to learn, heal, try and buy some new tea.
We're located on the second floor at 41620 Courthouse Drive, on the John Weiner Law Office Building, Room 5.

Keep an eye out for a future posting about WebLaunch Date and Official Office Hours!

Until then,
Be Well.

Love & Peace,
Jaime


TeasMePlease@gmail.com

Yera Dé Herbal Teas

No comments: